Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm a GOOD PERSON?! FUCK.

Just to let you know, I am so excited to write this blog! I had to take a nap before I did it to make sure I wasn't sleepy. I've been thinking about how I was going to tackle this issue via internet literature, and I think I found the answer.

I have never been the epitome of innocence, the poster child for Christianity, the authority on morals. Furthermore, I had myself convinced that based on some previous actions I was a horrible person. I had myself all figured out. Kalin: Genius, hard working, creative, hilarious, beautiful, cynical, bitter, and a complete dick. Life is good once you have yourself figured out, you go through life with your head held up high, you're not going through these awful phases with the hopes of self discovery anymore. Ah, being a self righteous, awful person really had its perks.

Then yesterday I wake up at 3 PM after staying up until 5 AM drinking alone (got home from my friends' house at 2 AM.) Fairly normal. Roll out of bed, eat a shit ton of Skyline that my dad got for me, plop myself on the couch and start watching YouTube videos. Ahhh, I love being me. Then my phone rings, and I hear the MOST AWFUL STORY EVER. Literally. I'll tell you sometime, you'll want to vomit. Upon my enragement, I hung up the phone and realized something.

I am a good person.

I should have known all along. I should have known. I feel sick to my stomach that I just couldn't see it. I mean, I have this strange desire to only sleep with guys I have feelings for? I don't like taking advantage of people? I listen when other people speak? And this weird thing happens where I think about other peoples' feelings before I do things? That all screams, "good person." On top of that, there's these emotions that I get when other people are talking about things. Like, sometimes I feel happy when my friends tell me things that happened in their lives, having no impact on me. And sometimes I feel sad when bad things happen to other people. WHAT THE FUCK?!

I know what you're thinking. "Kalin, you just previously stated you were a bad person. How could one phone call turn you into a saint?" Well, children, listen up. There are awful people in the world. As cynical and mean as I may seem, as bitter and cutting, I care about other people, and I enjoy giving more than getting. No, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me, and I'm sorry if this changes your opinion of me. I'm really confused, too.

Thank you for sticking with me in this transformational time. It will be difficult for all of us realizing that I'm not the complete asshole we all knew and loved. I'm going through a lot of emotional stress right now and would just appreciate your support.

Thank you so much,

K


PS: I am so sorry you had to find out via internet about this. I know that this news is like announcing a pregnancy or cancer. I just thought it was the most effective way to reach all of you at once. I apologize.

3 comments:

  1. This is how you know I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, I think morality really just comes down to the golden rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalin-- I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner... but I already knew you were a good person.

    Lub,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete